Saturday, August 9, 2008

NYC, what is it about you?

Ever since last week's adventures in NYC I've found myself daydreaming about living there... becoming one of those girls who rides the subway with earbuds in and eyes closed, strolling through central park with Aaron and the mutt, just being in the big city.

It's weird, because living in LA doesn't have nearly the same appeal.

I'm sitting here, outside of Tio's in the Henry's shopping center, and noticing how boring and normal it seems. Which normally wouldn't be a bad thing, and I guess it still isn't... but right now normal is at least different. I am still coming down from a week of feeling like I was being rocketed from stop to stop on the subway, wondering whether or not the crowds in Times Square were always like that, and not wanting to see the place on New Year's Eve.

So when people ask me about my trip to New York, I still can't quite give coherent descriptions. I feel like the people on Lost who are caught between two times. Part of me is still sitting on a subway, waiting for my stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment