Saturday, January 31, 2009

Uncle Sam

Woo-hoo!

Today I walked out of our tax appointment feelin' fine, thanks to a nice first-time homebuyer tax credit that we got on our federal return. It's really more like a no interest loan, but hey, that is still a form of "free" money. 

On the way home we talked about what we're going to do with the money, instead of crying and lamenting over how to come up with money that was owed. Yes, that is the stark contrast between this year's tax appointment and last year's. 

Insert generous sigh of relief {HERE}.

Much of it will be going to pay off a card, then some will be put into my car, which needs new tires and a couple repairs, and then there will be a little bit of "fun" money. Because we just haven't had that in a long time. I'm using mine to get my Disneyland pass! Hooray! By the way, my husband is NOT getting a pass because he just doesn't love Disneyland like I do, so I will be pathetically looking around for friends with passes who want to go. *wink wink*

Hooray for today, the rest should be good, too. Gotta go get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment