Monday, November 15, 2010

Lesson Learned!

DOH! I was all set today to shop this deal from Passionate Penny Pincher. I gathered my coupons this morning in a frenzy while Isaac was freshly awake (read: happily playing by himself). What I didn't think to check were my expiration dates! My binder and organization system has been feeling a little neglected with the office remodel this past week. :(  I left my binder at HOME, shambles that it is, and went to Rite Aid without it.

BIG MISTAKE!

If I'd had it with me I'm sure I had other diaper coupons that would have worked to help bring the out of pocket cost on this deal down. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned. And I'll be cutting and organizing my coupons again SOON.

Anyway, it's still not bad considering what I got:

1 Jumbo pack of Huggies Pure and Natural Diapers (size 4)
1 Jumbo pack of Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers (size 3)
2 boxes of Betty Crocker Potatoes
Colgate Total Advanced Whitening Toothpaste
Colgate 360 Toothbrush
4-pack of Colgate Wisps
Gain Dishsoap 
Dayquil (12 Liquigels)
Nyquil (12 Liquigels)

After my coupons, $2 in UP rewards from last week's shopping, and $3 I had left on a Rite Aid gift card, I spent $17.93, including tax. That's my "out of pocket" total.

I got $11 back in UP rewards.

So my actual "cost" for all the stuff listed above is $6.93. It gets a little convoluted.

In January I'll be starting a coupon clipping/swapping club. We can sit and clip and trade coupons together and help one another put together deals based on what we each need. Let me know via comment if that is something you would be interested in and I'll contact you with details as they become clearer. :) We can even share stories of times we made mistakes and learned from them (such as leaving our binders at home). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment