Thursday, August 9, 2007

Strengths and Weaknesses

If I were asked today what my greatest strength and weakness were, you know, for a job interview... I think I would have to say that my strength is being an over-achieving perfectionist, and that my weakness is allowing that perfectionism to paralyze me for hours at a time.

It's frustrating.

I have a little desk decoration that has a quote by Mother Teresa on it, it says: "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." The blessing of working in ministry is that those small things actually count for something. My least favorite boss would have laughed in my face if I told him that. Of course, my job was accounting, so it's somewhat understandable. And even here, I have mundane day-to-day tasks to accomplish. But at the moment, it is very difficult for me to assess those and measure them and categorize them into a task list.

I'm hoping to begin on this blog to venture into what my strengths are... how I see them playing out in my role at Flipside, how they play out in my relationships, etc. Also, I don't underestimate the importance of my spiritual gifts, so I'll think about those too. Ultimately, I want to learn how to leverage my strengths and overcome the ways that those strengths can also become weaknesses.

If you're reading this, feel free to chime in with advice or content you would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment