Monday, October 29, 2007

Homemade

Everything tastes better when it's homemade.

Tortillas, for instance. Get them at the store and they can often be somewhat rubbery, very flat, and not enjoyable to eat by themselves.

Homemade tortillas, on the other hand, can be eaten plain as can be as long as they're warm. And they taste what I would imagine heaven to taste like.

So that's what I spent the majority of my evening on... we are having a pot luck for our growth group "fun night" and Aaron and I are contributing some tortillas made with love.

Tonight, I went to the grocery store, made dinner (sort of), and made tortillas. Somewhere in there I also got to enjoy a little bit of Dancing With The Stars (I know, I know), and I was able to sneak out a couple of tortillas for Aaron and I to enjoy one fresh off the griddle and a sopapilla, as well. And then I cleaned up the kitchen, since it looked like a flour hurricane had blown through it. I am feeling quite accomplished and satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment