Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Remember, Paul is always usually right

I had been having the hardest time printing the "Top Secret" mission cards. I could not, for the life of me, figure out what on earth was taking the printer so long to process this simple print job.

Apparently it was a matter of 100kb, and jpg vs png. Because once I right-clicked my Go! logo in publisher and saved it as a picture, to the cruddy and inferior Microsoft Office-saved PNG image, they printed like a charm.

A print job that had been driving me absolutely batty for two weeks completed itself in under an hour. I believe under 45 minutes. And I daresay it may have been less time still if I had been babysitting the printer to reload the stack bypass with cover stock.

Oy vey.

I am thankful that I have one less thing to stress over. I owe a great deal of that stress-free life to Paul, for being the brilliant one to suggest that there must be something that the printer didn't like about my file. I finally listened after striking out with this print job three times over the weekend. I guess I'm a little bit stubborn.

I still have one last set to print, so the learning hasn't been in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment