Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekly Review: Teachable 1.0

Thankfully, I am going to cycle through this process every 6 weeks until I am feeling the need to move on to other qualities. Because I did not feel very teachable this week.

I would like to blame the busy-ness of passion week, since there was so much going on there with the Seder Dinner and Good Friday service and the skit in service today... but one thing I did learn about myself this week is that I tend to blame everything and everyone else but myself. So, hooray, I was teachable in some small way.

I've lost 2.5 pounds as of yesterday, but then we went to my mom and dad's and ate lots of food, and today after church we went to Mimi's, and then later we're going to Aaron's aunt's house. After today, it's right back on track. In fact, for the rest of today I'm going to try to be on less of a see-food diet. ;) I'm even going to try to resist my Easter basket, which is chock full of of my favorite kinds of candy.

Side note: My dog is cuter than your dog. And probably more annoying and hyper, but hey, you take the good with the bad.

Another success in being teachable this week was in my all-or-nothing mentality with the good habits I'm trying to start. So I goofed up my food a couple times, that doesn't mean I let the whole week go.

Finally, I think being teachable today really helped me to take everything in during our gathering at church today. I was able to really reflect on what Kevin was talking about and I feel recharged and ready to pick up fresh. Not only that, but to stick with the weight-loss plan, even though it's not going to be easy. In fact, it's going to be quite hard. I'm going to be hungry, I'm not going to want to work out all the time. I'm going to want to eat more candy than I should. I'm going to want to drink soda and eat cheeseburgers. But in the discipline of not doing those things, as well as doing the things that I should like walking the dog and exercising, I'm going to accomplish that goal. Maybe in that I will find myself becoming more teachable, more ready for what the next few  years have in store.

I'm going to go read, in order to learn.

Happy Easter. Happy Resurrection day. May you find yourself surrounded by growth and other offshoots of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment