Friday, January 2, 2009

My Job

I am extremely thankful for my job.

I "work" for my church. The quotation marks are because most of the time it just doesn't feel like work. I love that I get to serve here. Sometimes my work involves having lunch or coffee with different women from the church. Sometimes it's creating spreadsheets (insert geeked out "yesssss" here). Sometimes it's graphic design (a little), sometimes it's boring stuff like accounting and data entry, but still for the most part things I just love to do in an effort to help out my church. 

I also get to do research for Kevin. Sometimes that's arduous, because the things he's looking for aren't easily found, but sometimes it's fun. Once it was finding pictures of baby elephants. 

Not only that, but the people I work with are great. We admins love to rib eachother lovingly, and we have a big brother in Jeff. We actually all get along more often than not. There's no talking behind eachother's backs. We actually encourage one another.

Yes, it's cold in the office in the winter (the heater is broken... seemingly permanently), but that's why God invented sweaters and gloves and Moms who cut off the fingertips and sew said gloves for you so you can still type. And sometimes by virtue of having to get up in the morning and get here on time it does feel like just a "job". But truly, when I stop and think about it, it is much much more than that.

I'm blessed to be a part of this team.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh yes, I totally understand every aspect of this post. My favorite was when Kevin would want research on insane things like, "Look up information on the Olympics" or some other gigantically broad topic. And he always wanted stats and numbers that didnt exist... oh the hours staring at that screen.
    And you should totally have a plug in heater. Mindi and I blew the fuses in the office a few times when we both ran ours and someone used the microwave but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I do have a space heater - but it disappeared over the Christmas break. I have to go find it and break some kneecaps when we go back on Tuesday! Oh, that reminds me, I forgot to change the auto-attendant back to normal. Doh!

    ReplyDelete