Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Retroactive Coupons

I love Bed Bath & Beyond. For one thing, they're always mailing me AWESOME coupons. Magic coupons that don't expire, even though they have an expiration date (really, they don't expire). Magic coupons that I can take back to the store long after I've made my purchase and apply to my receipt. 

Aaron and I went on Sunday and spent a gift card we had gotten as a housewarming gift. I didn't even realize that I had a coupon in my basket at home. We were only going to spend what we had left on the gift card, which was around $40. We ended up spending $55, and didn't feel too bad about it since that was really only $15 in cash. But then we went to Staples and spent another $70 and to Target and spent another few dollars there. Not to mention I had already been to Ikea on Friday night and spent a good chunk of change. So by the time it was all said and done Sunday, we were over budget on our household / miscellaneous spending. What a way to start the year!

On Sunday evening I was doing some cleaning and organizing and discovered one of those Bed Bath & Beyond mailers, that had a coupon good for $10 off a purchase of $30 or more. Score! So tonight, when I was over in Upland meeting Heather M. (who I am also thankful for, but that's another blog for another day), I made a quick stop at the big B to get my $10.78 back (yeah, including sales tax). 

We're still over budget for the month. But only in those two categories, and we could still be under on others. Especially since we went to AT&T and got our government employee discount and gas prices are still quite tolerable. So I'm thankful that BB&B has their own little equivalent of a CTRL-Z* for spending at their store. 

*CTRL-Z is mega-nerd speak for "undo." It's a keyboard shortcut. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment