Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pleasant Shopping Experiences

I think this is the first time Aaron and I have made it out of Costco for less than $100. And I actually feel as though we spent wisely. We took coupons (which, apparently you don't need to actually BRING the coupons), and bought things that we needed like Kleenex (happy, Mom?), trashbags, and ziplocs. Only the things that are actually more reasonably priced in bulk. Plus I got some Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, blueberries, a big bag of frozen chicken, milk, eggs, etc.

I know, this is probably one of my more exciting thankful posts.

But let me tell you, after Costco, I dropped Aaron off at home and went to the grocery store to pick up enough to get us through the week. Meat, frozen veggies, lean cuisines. Still boring, I know.

When I opened up my fridge to put the groceries away from stop #2, I had this crazy feeling.  It looks like actual GROWN-UPS live in my house. Seriously, we have enough food to actually feed people if they come over. 

It's not that we're destitute, we have a pretty sizeable food budget. It's just that I'm a terrible shopper. And right now, at this moment, I feel like I was a good shopper. All because I have a full fridge and a not-zapped budget for the week. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. fyi - i posted the recipe for the bruschetta that I brought to Jeff's halloween party just for you, cause you asked for it.

    ReplyDelete