Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Skylar

First things first.

I cannot believe that 9 years ago today I was at Rock Honda in Fontana purchasing my car.

Somehow I was thinking earlier this week about how long I've had my car and it blew my mind. I know it's just a car, but seriously. I bought her brand new. I believe she had 8 miles on her. And I've had this car longer than I've lived anywhere, with the exception of the Bloomington house.

And sometimes, when it's cold, like it is tonight, and I turn on the heater, she still has that new car smell. Only for a second now, but for a while it would last as long as I had the heater on. I probably would not have blogged about her if it weren't for that second in the parking lot that I smelled that AND the fact that today is her "birthday." 171,000 miles later and still going strong. Oh, is that rude? To talk about a lady's age like that? ;)

So, on to bigger and better things. I had a really good chat with Heather M. tonight and I have about a million ideas that are starting to come to fruition.

Like... starting my own website! Yeah!

I just got my domain name today, after endless months trying to think of something clever and 3 days of trying to find something clever that wasn't already taken, or "taken" by some jerkhead spammers abusing the internet to stake domain names that they really have no vested interest in. Harumph to them.

Anyway, since I just got the name, I can't put anything on it yet - not even a placeholder or anything. But I can't wait to start working on a logo, I already have ideas, and designing the site. It's going to be very bloggy.

Oh, man, I'm so excited.

But for now, it's time to get my poor tired eyes away from the computer screen and change into my jammy's before Lost starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment