Saturday, March 21, 2009

Adventures

I did not end up making it to my women's group this morning.

I did, however, manage to find my way to the Anaheim Garden Walk to meet up with Siobahnne and Marisa for the Lush opening. That was fun. Lots of waiting in line and elbowing people to get at wonderfully amazing smelling little bath luxuries.

After Lush, we headed to CPK, which, I discovered, has absolutely NO nutritional value information on their website or anywhere else, really. Shame on you, CPK! I opted for a grilled vegetable salad with fat-free balsamic vinaigrette and I guess I'm just hoping for the best. I guesstimated the points.

Then I got to go enjoy a Vanilla coffee concoction courtesy of Sio at her & Dave's place. She introduced me to Hungry Girl, which has the potential to be the greatest cookbook ever. Tons of low-fat, low-calorie options for great food.

Naturally my next stop after discovering the cookbook was Target to pick it up, as well as a few other supplies for my quest in health and wellness. Like My Fitness Coach for the Wii, a candle for my prayer and study area, as well as a new notebook and a beautiful treasure box for little faith momentos.

Then the guy ringing me up at Target told me he got that same treasure box at Marshall's for cheaper, so instead of paying the overpriced Target price I went there. They didn't have the same one anymore, apparently, but I found one that suits me and will work beautifully.

It was a good day, I spent a lot of money, and may not be getting that Disneyland pass after all, but I don't think I will regret any of today's purchases at all. I had a lot of fun on the journey today, whereas I usually am an, "Are we there yet?" kind of girl.

On that note, I will add that it just occurred to me that that is one of the things that I feel is beginning to shift in me. I am so very thankful for that. It seems like a better place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment