Monday, March 9, 2009

I have no idea

As I sit here writing this, I really have no idea what I'm thankful for about today.

This morning, I went in my backyard to discover that Scout and the neighbor dog had managed to remove part of the fence in order to try to get to each other, presumably for a playdate.

So I decided I had to take her to work with me down in Chino, and as I was loading her into the car, the neighbor on the other side approached me saying that she barks constantly while we're gone. Which, in all honesty, I don't believe because I've asked other neighbors and they say she only barks when she hears something. But still, in order to be a good peacekeeper I'm going to have to make a point of coming home at lunch and putting her in her crate. I will not leave her in there all day, to me that's just cruel.

I guess I'm thankful in some bizarre way that now we can attempt to have some kind of relationship with the awkward neighbors from the purple-trimmed house next door. I wish it were under better circumstances, and I wish I could think nicer thoughts about them right now, I'll keep trying.

Honestly I think they hear another dog in the neighborhood that barks, because there is one who gets left out at night and barks CONSTANTLY for an hour or more at a time. I don't know which dog it is, but the first time I heard it I had to check and make sure Scout was inside because it sounded like her. The note said she barked "day and night" and we crate her when we leave at night, so that's another thing that's arousing my suspicions.

Anyway, this isn't probably the most "thankful" thankful blog I've written, but it's the best I can do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment