Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Meetings" with Jeff

I love our friend, Jeff Logsdon.

Even going to In n Out with him after church qualifies as a "meeting" in his mind. I mock him for that, but I also respect the intentionality that he imbues his time with by thinking that way.

He and Aaron discussed many facets of Watchmen and I kept stomping out any attempt at discussing ministry. Not because I don't want to talk about it, but because Jeff and I are workaholics who need to take opportunities to not be "working".

Jeff is the closest thing I have to a big brother, complete with punching privileges. I'm thankful for the ways Jeff pushes myself and others. I'm impressed with how he can be really straightforward and blunt, maybe err on the side of unforgiving at times, but he has the same capacity to be generous and extremely forgiving.

He has a lot to learn about relationships and balance and boundaries, but I think we all do. He's great at letting people know that it's okay to fumble around sometimes. You are who you are, and sometimes that ain't pretty, but Jeff will still love you and help you to become a better version of yourself.

Other reasons why I'm thankful for Jeff include his beautiful wife, Heather, and his adorable kiddos, Nathan and Noelle. He has run I don't know how many marathons, and even when he's in a foul mood he greets everyone with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment