Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A List

So yesterday I felt like I had almost nothing to be thankful for. Today, it's quite the opposite. But I am going to be late for work if I go all philosophic/poetic on you, so here is a list:

  1. My Spy Equipment - No, my dog did not bark all day. She did bark constantly from 2:45pm until 2:47pm... a whole 2 minutes! I feel extremely vindicated. Today, I will try again on the opposite side of the house. Hoping for more of the same results.
  2. Ashley O - I got to go have vegan food tonight with my friend, Ashley. Ashley is one of those smart charming awesome people who I am always glad to spend time with. It kinda sucks that the distance between LA and Rancho Cucamonga is often multiplied by insane amounts of traffic.
  3. Elizabeth T - Yeah, I got to hang out with her a little tonight too, briefly. Her, Ashley, and I ventured off in search of coffee before Becca's show. I may be able to convince Aaron to get a low level Disneyland pass because her and Justin are getting them. *fingers crossed*
  4. Becca - Becca is moving to NY on Friday. I haven't gotten to know her as well as I would like, but I know enough to tell you she is frickin' brilliantly creative, funny, and talented. I hope that she does fantastically for herself in NY and that her moving out there gives Wahima some new momentum and assurance that she can make it.
  5. Becky - A new friend I met tonight. She and Ashley went to high school together, or were friends in high school at least. She seemed really cool and I'm pretty sure she's smart, too. :) It was really fun sitting next to her and not at all awkward. That's instant friend-love in my book.
  6. This is Not a Musical - Becca, David, and ... sorry, I blanked on the composer's name, but he was great, have created this piece that is all about life in LA, musicals, and the messiness and humor in life. I really hope that somebody recognizes how smart and relevant this thing is. I got to see pretty much the first staged reading of it last night. I'm really impressed and glad I got to be there.
  7. Forgiving Myself - I have been harboring a lot of self-resentment. Mostly over allowing myself to gain SO much weight. I feel gross. But I made a firm decision yesterday to forgive myself for it. It may take a while for that forgiveness to be actualized and to sink in, but it's a start.
  8. Moving On - With that forgiveness in mind, I'm ready to move on and actually lose my weight. I'm going to keep it off. I never want to be in this boat again. I want to have energy and feel good about myself. Not because of the "feeling" but because of what I believe I can accomplish when I'm operating at full capacity.
  9. Phil Wickham - I had the best time with Singalong in the car on the way home. I miss songs like that, I miss experiencing that every week at church. I think I got spoiled.
  10. Finding God in Little Things - There were a few spiderwebbish threads tonight that stood out to me as totally and completely being God in the midst of the evening. I know a lot of people don't believe in God, per se, or at least the Christian view of Him, but you've almost got to admit... there is some power, some force, something that ties it all together. Keeps friends as close as sisters, keeps boyfriends with their girlfriends, keeps people on planes from dying in the Hudson, places people in the right places at the right times (see NYC 2008), allows a parent to unconditionally love a child... I believe that's God. Whatever you believe that is, look for it today. See something that you would normally take for granted and stop to appreciate the magic. Smell the roses, if you will.
And that still took forever and ended up being really long but it's worth it. I feel filled today. I hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment