Saturday, March 28, 2009

Love, Love, Love

Those reading my blog must think I'm a real piece of work.

I first was going to write that I was thankful for sleeping in, which I am, because I got to today - Aaron even got up and took care of Scout's morning routine. But I just wrote about being thankful for rest on Thursday, and come on, it's sleep! As the great Linda Bisesti used to say, I can sleep when I'm dead! :)

Here's where the "God-stuff" starts in, for those who care to stop reading. ;) I'm not offended, and I hope you aren't, either.

Today I'm thankful for love. Particularly for love expressing itself in service and through the people who make Crossroads happen. I got to see a bunch of ladies today who were there on this amazing little journey I went on a couple weeks ago, and to hear how they're doing and what they're up to, and to worship with them. It's so comfortable for me there, in a good way. It's a place where I feel I can serve and I have something to give. I mean, I give a lot - at least, I try really hard to give a lot. But this is different. This is set up so that what you give is given to help the receiver focus on God.

The whole experience is designed to immerse people in their faith for a whole weekend. To just love, love, love those who are there to receive that. This has done amazing things for my walk with God. I also just went back and reread the Laiken entries, because for some reason they came up in my search for "sleeping in". And how crazy is it that Psalm 63:1-3 was there, too??? I'm somehow thinking that God is telling me a lot through that passage, as I just used it in a devotional not too long ago, too.

Okay, I'm shutting up now. I'm just overflowing with thankfulness today, for everything that God has done for me even when I wasn't paying attention. And now so much more for what He has done and continues to do every day since I've been home.

And I love my girls over there, too. I can't wait to see them again and to serve with them in October!

Also, I heart this song and I think it fits with the post. He's playing in Santa Ana on April 16th, just so you know.


Because Of Your Love - Phil Wickham


No comments:

Post a Comment