Monday, March 30, 2009

My Life as a Sitcom

My Monday job is really really really informal. I work in the shop in the owner's backyard.

I used to go to work in my gym clothes after working out. Because I can, and because it made it easier for me to get to the gym on at least 1 day of the week.

Yesterday, I went to work in my gym clothes and told myself I couldn't go home until I had stopped at the gym. And it worked!

While I was there, once I finally got a machine, I was thinking about all the pros and cons of evening workouts vs morning workouts. For instance, in the morning I wouldn't have to wait for a machine. Nothing feels like a bigger waste of time or energy than standing there, at the gym, waiting for equipment. Poke me in the eye with a spork, please! So there's that. Plus, when I was using my G1 to listen to some new tunes on Last.fm instead of listening to my iPod, I ran out of battery power. In the morning, after a full charge, I imagine there's a chance that the G1 would make it through the workout with me. Not to mention the added boost my metabolism would have all day long if I made it in the morning. ;) Now let's see if any of this actually helps me get out of bed next time I try to go in the morning.

Since my G1 died after 2 songs, I had to switch to one of my trusted workout playlists on the iPod. And those are getting a little dusty, even though I haven't worked out for a while. So to keep myself from drowning in a sea of "I don't want to be here", I started people watching.

Oh man, have you ever done that at the gym? It's awesome. There are so many opportunities to just imagine what these people would be like if they were characters in a sitcom. I wish I could type and use an elliptical machine at the same time. I think it might have been funnier in my head than on paper. I won't post it here, because it could be misconstrued as "mean". If you really want to read it, and you promise not to be offended and to understand that it's just completely made up in my head and not actual judgments on people, than comment or email me and I'll send it to you.

I'm glad I went to the gym, and I'm glad that I stayed and didn't just work out and get increasingly bitter as the minutes went on. I really don't like working out. At least, I don't like just being on a machine for 30+ minutes. Eventually I'll be able to go to classes again, and that will be more fun. I'm just trying to get to where I can workout for a while without having a coronary. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment