Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5% Off!

It's official. Today I am 5% less of a person than I was a couple months ago! Woo hoo!

I know they say you're not supposed to reward yourself with food when you're dieting, but I say screw that. Food is good. ;) But I was still good. Aaron and I went to the gym so he could complete his membership and I got in a 30 minute workout before we headed over to Baskin Robbins for a celebratory scoop of low-fat Raspberry Chip ice cream.

And it was gooooood. And I accidentally forgot to eat my snacks today, just too busy at work, so I had the points to spare anyway. :)

Today definitely had ups and downs. I was a little ball of emotion because sometimes I just have too much empathy (and my coworker/friend's boyfriend's mom died in a motorcycle accident this weekend), which was surprisingly hitting me pretty hard. Maybe because I knew about the text she got saying the accident had happened and it seemed like no big deal. I don't know, my heart just goes out to people in certain circumstances. Maybe too much and I need to reign it back in. On top of that, I woke up not feeling well, I took Claritin and it made me jittery and weird all day, and my friend confronted me on some stuff that to be honest, I already know most of and am doing the best I can to work it out.

AND I didn't even make it to the semi-finals of the Despair.com caption contest. Oh well, maybe I'll be somewhere on the "best of the rest" list on Thursday.

Ugh.

When I put it like that, today was mostly down. But I am so thankful that Aaron has a gym membership now, and that I have lost 5% of my body weight, and that I have done so while enjoying fantastic things like Raspberry Chip ice cream and the occasional french fry. I will try to end on the life is so good note instead of the today was not so good note. Strike that, reverse it.

No comments:

Post a Comment