Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Relax!

Today I added a new little self-command to my vocabulary: relax!

Which can also be expressed as "fuhgetaboutit" or "chill out."

So today I needed to get out of the office for a bit, I had a volunteer who needed a desk to work at and I needed a change of scenery. Off I went to Staples to spend a reward certificate that was set to expire on Sunday. Woo hoo for guilt-free and cost-free office supply shopping. I got yet one more piece for my desk beautification /organization, and a few things that were a little more needed, such as post-it notes and binder clips and certificate paper.

That situation could have easily turned into me pacing around, trying to figure out how to install Office on the lame-duck computer in the corner (which reminds me, I need to do that anyway so it's more useful for Jane!), and otherwise trying to squeeze an extra-person into the already bustling and busy front-office.

But no, I gave Dawn some work to do (hooray for Dawn!) and headed out to Staples and then to take an actual lunch break, away from my desk and everything!

Then tonight, after getting home around 6:30-7:00, and Aaron not getting home until 7:30, I decided we should go out to dinner - even though we're completely broke as far as the monthly budget goes. Yes, we borrowed a little bit from tomorrow (a big whopping $20), but it was worth it for us to both be able to say, "relax!" It's no big deal, really.

Plus I got the big messes in the kitchen / dining area tidied up and now Aaron is working on the dishes, which I am about to go relieve him from so he can write a test. :)

Now, to those reading this blog who are stressed about no job, no money, no time, no weight loss, or whatever... I say, "Relax!"

No comments:

Post a Comment