Saturday, May 23, 2009

Shiny Happy People

On my way home from the grocery store today, I forged a brief, but meaningful, friendship with two adorable little girls in the car next to me at a red light near my house.

I think one was about4 and the other 7.

I was just sitting there, minding my own business, when I looked over and they were waving and pointing towards the shopping center across the street. I had no idea what they were trying to communicate, so I started pointing in the other direction just to play along. Then I "scarecrow" pointed both in front of me and behind me, and they laughed.

We sat there and played and I think the mom was embarrassed or weirded out by this little game we had going.

We ended up stopped at one more red light together before I got home, and that time was spent making absurdly funny faces at each other.

It was pretty much the highlight of my afternoon. I love it when kids "pick me" for shennanagins like that. It was really fun and brought a smile to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment