Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Comment Trouble

I recently received a text message from a fellow blogger about her inability to comment on my blog. She thought this was something I had decided for my blog, but no, that is not true. I would LOVE to get a comment once in a while, but apparently, if I use any kind of layout other than the standard old school layout that doesn't let me have nifty little widgets, the comment feature is disabled. Well, not disabled, it just doesn't work.

Which is quite frustrating. Once I have some time to sit in front of my comp at home and tackle this irritant, I will.

Is it obvious that I'm stalling for a brilliant topic to fall out of the sky and onto my desk?

Still nothing.

Okay, I'll do this instead. I was recently inspired by aforementioned friend's beautifully written bio on her new blog, so I'll try to artfully share a little personal insight.

As I sat this afternoon, eating lunch at home, with my dog laying nearby (bet you didn't know I had a dog... she said sarcastically), I enjoyed a Pasta Primavera Lean Cuisine and a handful of cherries. It was then that the thought occurred to me that I really did quite enjoy cherries, and I had to rattle my head when I stopped for a moment to question which I preferred, cherries or strawberries.

In case you're wondering, strawberries are much better than cherries.

Which led me to question what it is that defines a "berry." To me, it was a mute* point, because as long as it ends in "rry" or its plural form is "rries", I love it. Boysenberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries... these are a few of my favorite things. And while "cherries" fit by the letter, I'm not so sure they fit by their other defining properties.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I would say leave me a comment, but, we already know that's not an option.

*I realize that the correct phrasing is "moot" point, but I can never get over the time a former supervisor was overheard passionately declaring (repeatedly) that something was a "mute point".

No comments:

Post a Comment