Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Betsy

Today has not been one of the best days for me stress-wise. I am in the midst of adjusting to new responsibilities and trying to go ahead and take on problems that keep repeating like a bad record. 

Kevin picks on me a little for the way I shoulder burdens, but I really do feel it's what I'm meant to do sometimes.

All that to say, I don't feel like I have many "things" to be thankful for (at least, that I haven't already written about). I had to stop mid-cooking to go to the store to get bread because our frozen bread was inedible. I have a headache. Aaron stayed home sick today so I couldn't exactly ask him to run out to the store. I guess you could say I have lots to gripe over today.

And then there was my lunch date. Betsy. Betsy used to work in the Flipside office, and she did a great job, too. She left to go gallavanting off to Uganda to intern for Invisible Children, and now she's back in So Cal, at least for now. Betsy was my little ray of sunshine today. I was shocked that it was already 1pm when she got to the office because I was so buried in my work.

Over lunch (which she bought, thanks, sugar mama) at Baker's, we talked about life and other non-workish things and I just took a genuine breather. And she asked if there was anything she could help with at the office, so I asked her to whip up a Super Bowl party flyer that I had been asked to make. She did it gladly.

Betsy hates getting compliments, and I know she actually reads my blog, so she's going to hate this. ;) But she is one kind and gentle girl with a great attitude. She's beautiful inside and out and I'm really glad that she's part of my life. Whichever of the 50 states you end up in, I know you will do well. I am thankful that today you were still in the 909.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I'm totally blushing right now.

    I'm so thankful for our time together, too, and I'm so glad to have a Baker's buddy. :) And I'm also grateful that you remind me every day to be thankful for all God has given me...

    you're such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete