Sunday, January 18, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

On August 8th, 2008, we became homeowners. 

I am very thankful for our house.

We are able to do whatever we want with it, we don't have to get special permission to have people park near it, we don't have to worry about holes in the walls or getting a deposit back, we just get to "be" here. And slowly but surely, we're making it our home.

Yes, more of our time on weekends is taken up by projects. But someday, that will become less, as we're not the type of people to look for extra money to spend or work to do. I actually don't mind the chores and upkeep so much, because in the end, it's "my" house that I'm caring for. 

Today we went to Home Depot and picked up a few odds and ends, and then this evening I tackled some disorganization in our linen closet and bedroom. It really didn't even feel like work.

Someday, in about 29.5 years, we won't have to pay for a place to live anymore. We'll really truly own this place. There were several times when I can remember thinking that we would never be able to afford to buy a house, especially not in Rancho Cucamonga. By the grace of God, we were able to. It is both a relief and an enormous responsibility. I think it is one of the best decisions we have ever made. And I'm thankful to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment