Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Things

Reposted for my non-facebook friends... to some of whom I say, come on, get a Facebook! ;)


Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.  


1. Not like this is a secret, but I'm adopted. I was raised as an only child by my parents, who I love, quirks and all. When I was 18 I met my birth mother and her husband and my 4 siblings and a load of other family members. It's pretty awesome having such a unique extended family.  


2. I love love love animals. Like when I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian. Then I found out I kinda sucked at science.  


3. So, following up to number 2, I love our dog, Scout. She's stinkin' the best dog ever. I wish we could have more, but they're expensive, especially if you ever want to go anywhere for more than a day.  


4. I started college when I was 17, at a private very conservative Christian college. I couldn't afford to live on campus, so I lived in a travel trailer on some crazy old lady's ranch and took care of her 5 horses for her instead of paying rent. I'm pretty sure I was getting the short end of that stick. Thank God my friend Cari moved out there with me and shared the burden. I couldn't have survived that semester without her.  


5. That's right, I attended a really expensive private school for one semester, and left because A. that place was nutzo conservative, and B. that ranch living situation was just too much work.  


6. I moved 9 times between 2001 and 2008. Good thing they have us locked into 30 years on this place, cause I'm SO DONE moving.  


7. I spent most of my high school life in the theatre, doing anything and everything I could. I absolutely loved the theatre, but once I stopped feeling "good" at it, it stopped seeming worth the time sacrifice. I sometimes wish I could restructure my life to put it back in, but right now that doesn't feel possible.  


8. Speaking of theatre - worst/best memory was not getting cast as Viola in Twelfth Night, even though I nailed the audition / but then getting asked to assistant direct and feeling really really good about the accomplishments there. If I had it all to do over again I would go back and direct my little heart out.  

9. My parents were always scared I would be a full-time student. Truthfully, if I had access to the money to pay for school, I probably would be. I would love to go to grad school, even if it was back at CPP - just to sponge off of Baker, Sisney, and Rocklin. I would love to go take some classes on programming and networking and CIS and graphic design. I probably should go take a couple basic accounting classes if time ever allows. ;) But those are not on my wish list so much as my that would be helpful list.  


10. I don't like to let my legs or arms hang off the bed at night... because the scary things under the bed will get me. Yeah, that thought actually still goes through my head, and I am 28 years old. I know it's crazy, I know.  


11. I am one of those "scary" Christians who actually does want everyone I know to be one, too. Not because I get some kind of God-points, but because I really do think it's the absolute best way to live. (If you do it in the way that is real and truly follows Christ as a lifestyle and not the media's portrayal of the Christian right.)  


12. I've been very on again off again with that whole "crazy" Christian thing. I've got some skeletons in my closet that I imagine most would be shocked at. It took a lot of starts and stops before I finally got rolling and figured out how to live this way, and it's only by the grace of God that I can keep going.  


13. I think I read every Sweet Valley High book. I know I read a LOT of them, including the big epic saga (were there two of those?).  


14. When I was 22 or 23 I decided to seek out my birth father, more of a precautionary thing - trying to meet him before he died or some morbid reasoning. I met him and YIKES! I won't talk badly of him, but let's just say there is not a relationship to be had there with ANY of that side of the family. There may have been a mullet involved.  


15. Thriller so completely scared me that my mom and dad had to lie to me and tell me our copy of the video was in Arizona at my aunt's house. I did not want that thing anywhere near me. In fact, I'm pretty sure I had a really vivid nightmare with those dudes busting through my floor and walls as a kid.  


16. I don't like vacuuming when I'm home alone because I always think I hear noises. Because you know, someone is just waiting to break into my house and once I start the vacuum cleaner, they're gonna! ha.  


17. I actually did have a stalker in junior high, and a semi-stalker in high school. They were both really REALLY creepy. The junior high one was by far the creepiest. He is the reason I don't like being called Kimberly to this day.  


18. My favorite verse is Zephaniah 3:17, partly because my favorite band used it in a beautiful way in this song called Dandelions.  


19. My favorite band (ever) was this not-that-well-known Christian ska/punk band, Five Iron Frenzy. They were a bunch of nerds, the lead singer had his degree in Biology. They did some awesome satyrical stuff and used big uncommon words and challenged the status quo. Even during my "wild" days, I still enjoyed listening to them. But I turned it off if it ever made me feel too guilty about what I was doing. ;)  


20. I have two tattoos, both of butterflies.  


21. During one of the last earthquakes (that I was actually home to feel), I woke myself and Aaron up screaming bloody murder. I guess you could say I'm a little bit scared of earthquakes.  


22. The volume must be on an even-number when I can see it. Our TV drives me crazy sometimes because it's hard to get it on an even number.  


23. Not so secretly, I wish someone would turn me in to What Not To Wear. Aaron won't do it because he thinks they're mean. But I'll take the mean for 5k and a trip to NYC. Plus, I know I'm desperately fashion-challenged. Oh, and I want to lose my weight first. ;)  


24. Though I am an English major and self-proclaimed book lover, I think I only actually read about 10% of the assigned reading I had in high school and college. It's quite embarassing.  


25. I am a really really really sore loser. Especially when it comes to Ticket To Ride, Raving Rabbids, and Mario Kart. Okay, maybe just games in general. Not so much with sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment