Saturday, February 7, 2009

Community

I went to a really awesome women's group this morning. 

It was a place where I could feel safe, and share something that was on my heart, and receive encouragement and blessing as a result.

I won't say much more. I will say that I am thankful today for women who love God and listen to what He has to say to them. Who seek out how they might share what has been given to them with other like-minded people.

Sure, in this instance it was a "Bible Study". But I think it's really important that even if you don't do the whole church thing or even if you don't believe in God, that you gather together with other people and just share life. It's so healthy and beneficial. There are many studies on the correlation between living a longer, healthier, happier life and having friends. I believe that the real friendships are the ones where people know the good, the bad, and the ugly.

So start a book club, organize a dinner party, just get some people around you who you want to love and share life with. Be honest with them and let them be honest with you. Learn to love the awkwardness of vulnerability. It becomes less scary over time (I think).

*I apologize if there's post/note overload... I'm trying to blog each day about something that I'm thankful for. This is the best I've ever done with keeping a "resolution". It's kinda fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment