Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm Free to do What I Want

Ever since we moved into our home, our cell phones have been driving us crazy. Dropped calls, garbled calls, sometimes I can't even send a text message!

I had finally had more than enough when I discovered that T-Mobile offers less expensive data plans, and they have the G1 (aka Google Phone).

Once I realized that, I decided to go ahead and pursue getting freed from our AT&T contract. After a couple calls to customer service, and going into a store to let them "troubleshoot" my phone, aka give me a new sim card, which still didn't make a difference in my house, I was able to call and get customer service to agree that I could be released from my contract without those nasty early cancellation fees.

I still haven't bought my Disneyland pass, and I'm debating whether or not I'm going to. A G1 costs $180 plus tax, and I somehow feel like the more tangible thing that I get to have for as long as I want it is somehow worth more than the year of visiting Disneyland. Don't get me wrong, I love the big D, but if Aaron doesn't have a pass, and Lori doesn't have a pass, and my schedule is crazy, it seems like it might not be worth the $. I'm more than a little sad about that, but it definitely helps knowing that we have friends on the "inside" and there is still hope of visiting the happiest place on earth.

Whatever I end up doing, I am so glad to know that I can kick AT&T to the curb. It was fun while it lasted, but this no coverage in the house thing is driving me batty!

No comments:

Post a Comment