Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Signs of Life
















See the tree in the background of this picture? With the little pink flowers?

I snapped this photo with my phone on one particularly beautiful morning out walking with Scout last year. I absolutely love those trees.

I remember thinking to myself that I would love to buy that house just because of that tree.

Then, when we bought our house, it wasn't until after we had put in our offer that I noticed it had a "fruitless plum" tree right in front of the kitchen window.

By the time Christmas came around, I thought it was a goner for sure. It was looking like the tree was just dead and there was not going to be any way to bring it back.

Tonight, as I took out some trash, I looked up at my poor sad skeleton of a tree and noticed something... leaves! And a couple of little blossoms! I think there is hope for her yet. :)

Now I really want to get someone out here to take a look, trim her back maybe, get her on the road to recovery. I'm just so excited that she's showing signs of life. Maybe I'll still get to view my street through the lens of beautiful pink blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment