Saturday, April 4, 2009

Daffodil Garden

Daffodils are my absolute favorite flower.

Since March 0f 2007, when my dad sent me a forward about this garden of daffodils in Lake Arrowhead, I've been dying to go. But you have to go during the three weeks that the garden is open to the public and in bloom. If you want to read more about this fantastic garden, go here.

The garden will only be open to the public for one more week. Next Sunday, Easter Sunday, when the garden closes it will be the last time anyone the Bauers don't personally invite to see the flowers.

This was something I think I took for granted, thinking one of these days I would actually go check it out. We tried to go one other time, but we didn't make it. I happened upon the information on the internet that this would basically be the last chance to go. So, we went. And what perfect timing, because it was a BEAUTIFUL day.

It will probably be even more spectacular next week, judging by the pictures at the bottom of the article. It was awesome, but I bet there are a lot more flowers still to bloom in the coming week.

I'm so thankful for the work the Bauers have put into creating the garden, and opening it to the public (for free) the way they do. Especially after reading the article, it's impressive that they've been able to keep this up for so long.

And it made a nice little afternoon date for Aaron and I. ;) We drove up to Big Bear afterward and got lunch at a great little place in the Village.

If you want to go, you have to go between 10am and 6pm. It's not actually in Lake Arrowhead, it's in Running Springs, so it's not AS far up the mountain as going to Arrowhead. You go park at this church called St. Anne's, and there are porta-potties and a kitchen/craft shop that's open from 10am to 3pm (Aaron and I didn't go in, so I can't tell you more than that about it).

Here's a map, just to make it that much easier for you. ;) 210 to 330, right on Fredalba Rd. Follow the signs.











No comments:

Post a Comment